• Registrazione


Transport regulations
Not all Airlines allow animals in the cabin or in the hold, therefore please verify by contacting your airline for information before you organize your trip.

Large Animals
Must be transported in the hold (pressurized, illuminated and heated), in a suitable cage in compliance with IATA regulations 
(the animal must be able to stand up and turn itself around). The booking must be made ahead of time.

Health documents
U.E countries
Travelling to countries in the European Union with dogs, cats or ferrets, these animals need to:
-have a European union passport (issued by a veterinarian of a local health authority in your home town);
-have had rabies vaccination;
-are identified by a microchip or a tattoo;
Without a passport, the animal cannot be accepted.
England, Ireland, Malta and Sweden request further documents which can be consulted at the following sites: 
www.agriculture.gov.ie  (Ireland), www.sjv.se  (Sweden), www.defra.gov.uk  (Great Britain), www.mrra.gov.mt (Malta).
Italy does not allow dogs, cats or ferrets to enter if they are less than three months old.  For possible foreseen waivers from another EU country, it is advisable to contact the consulate office of the country in which you intend to travel to ahead of time in order to verify current policies.

Non E.U. countries
To travel with animals toward non-European Union countries, it is advisable to contact the veterinarian health authority for each individual country in order to verify the procedures and certificates required.  You can find some useful information on the Ministry of Health website - Centre of disease prevention and control.
To enter Italy from non-European Union countries for animals along with their owner, a certificate of health and origin is necessary.  For dogs, cats and ferrets, a specific health certificate is requested, which must be drawn up by health authorities ahead of time. These documents must be shown upon national entrance to the border customs authority.
To enter Italy from non-European Union countries for unaccompanied animals, a certificate of health and origin is necessary, whereas for dogs, cats and ferrets, a specific health certificate is expected by the community legislation.  In both cases, the intervention of the Official veterinarian of PIF (Posto di Ispezione Frontaliero, present in the airport) is mandatory, who then issues a document entitled, Documento Veterinario Comune di Entrata (DVCE).
For winged animals, coming from third countries, unaccompanied or travelling with its owner, there are specific restrictions.

Protected Species
Birds, fish, frogs and earth turtles can enter Italy only if they have a certificate of origin issued by the country they come from.  For protected species (parrots, aquatic turtles, ornamental fish...) it is necessary to show your CITES certificate (exportation certificate).
For further information, contact the CITES Operational Core of the Forest Service located at Marche Airport, telephone and fax (e-mail ), or consult the Official website of CITES (the convention of Washington on International trade in endangered species of wild fauna and flora):www.cites.org .